Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Distancing Yourself from Yourself

Have you ever been super scared?  Of something that you yourself planned on doing?  There are always those moments when you decide to do something, make it clear to the world how you are feeling, etc.  And then, when the time comes, when you originally planned on doing that, you suddenly feel like there is now way you will ever do it.  No leap of faith for you, you are just staying on the safe side, normality, of the rickety bridge of risk instead of trying to get to the side of epicness.

What I am thinking is, do we actually get more scared as the time nears and our brain finally analyzes what it is thinking?  Could it be that we just no longer believe in our original plan?  We could tell ourselves the latter, and it might be true, but that might just be an excuse because we are afraid.  How do you carry out a plan?  Would it ('scuse all my cheesy analogies) be better to storm the castle with death at the ready or retreat with our lives and not our pride intact?  I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.  This is reeling through my head, and I can't help but think of all the people who took risks and succeeded or crashed and burned.  And I wonder about those filled with unvoiced regrets.  Would it be better to go nowhere in life or to fail and be embarrassed just to have the satisfaction of actually knowing the answer to "what if..."

No comments:

Post a Comment