Now, as we all grow older, I am finally appreciating what I get from them, and nobody else. Today we talked about those things you would discuss with a best friend, without the worry that they will go blabbing to everybody else. I can open my heart up to these people who are relatively the same age as me, and they will still love me no matter what I say. So yeah, we hung out and I fell off a chair trying to touch a very high ceiling in our house (don't worry, I'm alright) because they dared me to. My older brother tried to stop me, and my younger sister made sure I was okay after I hurt myself. It's the little things like this that make me brave enough to actually stand on the back of an armchair.
Sometimes though, I think about those people who "hate" their siblings and wonder what could cause them to do so. Sure, every kid has that angst age where their siblings are their worst enemies, but does that have to stay forever once it comes? It actually depresses me quite a bit, especially since the true source of their enmity can often spring from bad parenting or other traumatic events in their life that I will never understand. I guess this is just one more thing I can put on my "List of Things to Comprehend".
Anyway, I guess siblings are a whole other aspect of interactions between people, not quite like anything else you will find out there. Or if you have, let me know because that I have go to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment