Moods change from day to day, week to week, even from one moment to the next. Recently I have been in a bad mood, and though I am still cheerful, most of my friends notice that there is a change in me. However, often I find that moods go much deeper inside when others finally open up to you about how they actually feel and why.
Because of my current mood, I have been listening to a lot of music. I am also in a jazz/big band/Christmas music mood and so I keep listening to songs like that. Songs like Someone to Watch Over Me and Baby, It's Cold Outside. (No I have not listened to In the Mood...yet...) What I am trying to figure out now is, whether the music that I listen to has influenced my mood, or if my mood caused me to choose the songs I listen to.
Lots of teens listen to heavy metal and hard rock music when they feel their angst building up inside them. Others listen to musicals and Disney music to show the world their childlike and carefree spirit. It is all a cause and effect thing but, just like in chemical equations, the given situation and the end product can be reversed.
It doesn't make any sense, and I now realize neither do I as I write this. So here is a big question instead: Do you listen more to a piece of music when it relates to your own feelings at that time? Or is a piece of music that cause for your own changing emotions?
No comments:
Post a Comment