Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Little Moments

Sometimes I experience exhilaration like nothing else and it is those moments in life that I wait for.  As the quote goes, "Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away."  Myself, I have felt the thrill or the peace that makes me want to keep on living many times.  The two most recent times, my breath was taken away both literally and metaphorically.

Yesterday, in my early morning band practice I was able to appreciate, once again, the beauty of a band that can actually play.  Sure, it wasn't a ballad or something that we were playing, but we were so expressive and in sync in our playing that I couldn't help but marvel and ask myself How did we do that!  And over and over again in music I am awed by myself and others.  Of course, the literal part of my breath being taken away was that I was playing the oboe!

Today during my lunch period, my friends and I were hanging outside, playing with a soccer ball and some of the guys were playing football with other guys.  It was quite a while before my epic moment came.  The soccer was getting boring and I turn to see the quarterback looking for an open pass.  So I jokingly signaled that I was free while doing a kinda shuffle at the back of the crowd, halfway between the QB and the end zone.  Then for some random reason, the quarterback actually through the ball towards me in that Hail Mary way that I could never achieve with my pitiful upper body strength.  And I caught it!  This is a big achievement, seeing as it is widely known in my circle that I am the clumsiest girl around.  So of course, being a girl, all of the guys were too gentlemanly to try and tackle me and I scored the touch down while they all stood there.  But let's just pretend I was super fast and none of them could catch me.  Teehee!  The running also kinda took my breath away and then I was done.  No more random epic me.  Just regular old me sitting in a grassy field watching a football game go on.

Do others feel like this sometimes?  Has anybody ever done something so amazing they get this huge ego about it and tell everyone they can?  Well I guess in one way my blog did not serve its original purpose.  I still talked to a lot to people today.  Because, poor me, my blog wasn't right at me fingertips then and I could not keep it in.  I'm the type of girl who doesn't usually make miracles.  I only see and appreciate them when they happen to me.

That's something to think about.  Humans in general, hate being bored.  But even being occupied with an activity, good or bad, isn't really taking the boredom away unless it makes you shake and shiver in silent fear or laugh and whoop in ecstasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment