Most of the time, I am pretty much the most cheerful person you will find. But it saddens me to see other people depressed or stressed or what have you. It seems like the whole world is way less cheerful than they should be, or at least more unhappy than me. But now I notice also that when I am feeling awful so many people suddenly become so happy. What is with that? Why are we never on the same page?
I have two theories. One, on the Wheel of Fortune as believed in during Shakespeare's time, I ride on the opposite side. So luck comes to me when others are unlucky and vice versa. However, I think the more logical explanation is that we only notice those who are the opposite emotion from us because it puts a wrench in our own happy or depressed lives. We see that there is another side of the spectrum but we just refuse to admit that both sides are the norm and a part of life that we will eventually experience as well. Whether we like it or not and without warning.
No comments:
Post a Comment